Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Bouncing Baby Set

I recently finished a very cute knitting project for my high school friend, Meghan, who is due to have a baby any day now. This is the same Meghan from the famous Meghan's Mom's Pasta Salad post. I knitted the Bouncing Baby Set, which is a very cute hat, knee sock booties, and thumbless mitties. The pattern is from the great book "Homespun Handknit."

Meghan and her husband didn't find out the sex of the baby, which I admire since it's very unusual that people want to be surprised these days. This, however, made it hard for me to choose a color for the bouncing baby set. Not that I agree with the blue for boys and pink for girls stuff. I don't. But it's hard not to fall into that trap sometimes. Especially since there isn't always a whole lot of color choices when it comes to baby yarns. Luckily, the store had a nice canteloupe color. I think this will look appropriate on either a boy or a girl.

Here is a picture of the finished set. The set should fit a baby between 3 and 6 months old.

Bouncing Baby Set

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

It sounds very cute! We are having our baby in december, and will probably also be surprised as to the gender. My husband would like to find out ahead of time, while I am more neutral. But the reason for the surprise is that the hospitals here in Denmark won't tell you! So we'll spend the next few months thinking of a variety of Danish-American-boy-girl names.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home