Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I Asked This Old House

And they answered.

Today, Tom Silva from Ask This Old House (and the original This Old House) came to my house with a television crew of about 6 people and built window boxes. Here's a picture to prove it:

Tom Silva with Stacy and Matt

It was a lot of fun and also a little stressful. We did several takes of each scene, which was kind of tiring. We usually had to do lots of takes because we were figuring out each scene as we were going along and oftentimes, Tom would mess up his lines. I only messed up once or twice! Really! I wonder if I sounded really fake though since we had to say the same things over and over again. The crew told me I did great and our segment went pretty smoothly.

I didn't end up doing much work. I did insert some screws into the window box with the drill while on camera and did a terrible job. That was kind of embarrassing and probably the most stressful part for me. Hopefully they'll edit most of it out!

The best thing about the experience was how nice everyone was. They do lots of these types of segments and work with hundreds of people like me. But they acted as if they were really interested in me and my house. I wanted them to stick around afterwards so I could talk to them and ask more questions about the show, but they had to leave to go to another shoot.

I'm sure when this is aired, it will be very painful for me to watch, but I will have to remember that it was a great experience at the time! Oh, and now I have a great pair of window boxes!

You can see more pictures here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the show. Will you post phots when the boxes are painted and planted? Now I want to add window boxes to our vinyl-sided house.

Ben

9:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Hi Ben,

I will definitely post photos when they are painted and planted. I will probably do that this weekend if the weather is nice. You should definitely put window boxes on your house! Installing them on vinyl siding is really easy. The hard part is making the boxes, but even that isn't hard if you have the right tools and materials.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, get back to work will ya!

-matt

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this must be kiiiilling your neighbors. i love it!
"keeping up with the kellers."

evilly yours,
jP

10:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Neat! I had no idea this had happened, but then you can't keep up with everything that goes on in America. Now I want to add window boxes to our solid concrete house, but that probably won't happen anytime soon, and there's nothing like Ask This Old House (or even "Spørge Det Gamle Hus") here in Denmark.

Stacey, you look really cute in the picture!

Heather

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home