Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sitting Up


IMG_1729
Originally uploaded by stacy's plate.
Sam can sit up on his own now. We don't leave him alone like this though because he can tip over at any time with no warning and there are a lot of hard, sharp things he can fall into. Like the coffee table in the picture.

Ahhh, childproofing. Yet one more thing we have to do at some point.

Another thing in the picture you may have noticed is the wrist brace I am wearing. I've developed tendinitis from lifting a 20lb baby too much. To be more specific, I believe I have De Quervain's Tendinitis which is common in new mothers. Since the photo was taken, I've upgraded to a larger wrist brace that also has a thumb splint to restrict thumb movement. It's been a pain -- in many ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Don't worry about baby proofing too much. We never really did it at all because our son had this weird sense of what was off-limits. The down side was (is) that we spent a lot of time watching him just in case. Cheers on the sitting. Tis such an amazing thing. I can't to hear about crawling. It's SO stange when they learn to move. Trippy.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

This is only the beginning! Kids will keep you moving if not in 'pain'. Laughter & tears ... They will either keep you young or help you grow old faster.
*ask me how I know* God bless them!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home