Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Best


Easter Best
Originally uploaded by stacy's plate.
I just realized that the last three posts show photos of Sam asleep. Well, here he is awake and alert on Easter. We went to Sam's grandparents' house on Cape Cod and had a lovely weekend.

Matt and I also celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary. It's actually today, but on Saturday, his parents babysat while we went out for a nice dinner.

The weather was beautiful on Sunday and Matt and I played wiffle ball and kicked the socker ball around in the yard while Sam went for a walk with his grandfather. It was fun to be active and care free, if only for a little while.

The next day (Monday), while in the shower, I realized to my horror that I had a tick embedded in my leg, just under my knee. Matt had to pull it out with tweasers while I sat dripping from the shower on the toilet. I don't know which is worse - realizing that the piece of lint on my leg won't wash off and has wiggly legs, or the fact that the thing was on/in me for 24 hours and I slept with it and didn't even know it.

Now, I have to look out for ring bruises and flu-like symptoms. Beware if you're outside. I was only sitting in the grass for 10 minutes and I was wearing shoes, socks, jeans, and long sleeves.

Anyway, isn't Sam cute in his "big boy" clothes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Stacy;

Hope the new job is going well. If you need a deer tick tested to see if it's carrying Lyme, you can contact Imugen in Norwood (http://www.imugen.com/ ). They'll identify a tick for free if you're not sure it's a deer tick. Testing costs $75. We did this because we found a tick on David's head. Luckily, it was not carrying Lyme Disease.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,

Wow, Sam is very very cute. I'm so proud of you ;-)!

The tick sounds annoying. We found a tick on Torben's head last month. I had felt a bump the night before and ignored it, so when I found the tick the next day it was very large. Anders removed it with tweezers and then we put it in a cup of after-shave to kill it.

I doubt you'll get anything. Torben didn't.

-Heather

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home