Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Is the Plate empty?

No, not quite empty -- just busy.

I haven't posted in a while. Work has been extremely busy, but a good, satisfying busy, not the out-of-control, stressful busy. Home life has also been busy. Or should I say "house" life?

If you know me, you know that I love two things - lists and plans. I find it very gratifiying to say that we've tackled almost all of the items on our house list that our home inspector recommended we deal with. Although we're taking care of these things, it seems that once one gets crossed off the list, more projects are spawned!

Some of the things we've been doing since the summer:

  • new front entryway and rot repair - DONE

  • new heating system - DONE (but needs temperature adjustments and a little bit more insulation)

  • window boxes - DONE and soon to be on TV!

  • paint garage door and porch steps - DONE

  • gutter installation on porch and garage - DONE

  • arborvitae planted in front of house - DONE

  • new basement windows - 1/3 done

  • new, secure hoses and shut-off valve on washing machine - DONE

  • new clothes drier vent that doesn't go through window - DONE

  • new storm door for enclosed porch - in progress and expensive!

  • removal of heating oil and possibly oil tank - yet-to-be-done and also expensive


I'm sure I'm forgetting something but this gives a good idea of what our summer (and now fall) have been like. Again, I must credit my father-in-law for at least 4 items on the list.

Hopefully my next post will be food-related. Note that we haven't been eating takeout all this time, but I haven't been too creative in the kitchen either. I am looking forward to the upcoming cold weekend days where I can make large pots of soup and home made bread!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home