Thursday, August 05, 2004

Where have you been?

I came across this tool that produces a map of the United States with states that you've visited highlighed in red. Here's my map:



create your own personalized map of the USA

There're are a whole lot of states I haven't seen.

Here's a fundamental question: If you've only been in an airport in a particular state, can you say you've actually been there? Does it even count? If the answer is no, I'll have to remove Utah. After all, I never actually stepped foot on Utah's ground. Only its airport floors.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that map tool I like the one for countries too. I've debated the topic about which countries and states count at length. In my opinion, you have to spend the night somewhere for it to count. I don't count driving through a state in the interstate as a real visit, let alone the airport. I do make an exception though, if you had a significant experience of a country/state without spending the night. For example, Lisa and I once too the train to Paris, spent the whole day there, and then took the train back to London in the evening. I didn't spend the night, but I definitely visited France.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home