Monday, August 02, 2004

Make your squirrels dizzy!

Lisa suggested several solutions to my squirrel problem. (Thanks Lisa!) One potential solution was the Yankee Flipper bird feeder from Droll Yankees. This bird feeder is battery powered. When a squirrel sits on the perch, its weight activates a motor that spins the perch so that the squirrel flips off of the feeder. The Yankee Flipper website has a video of the flipping sqirrels in action. The video is really funny. I don't think the sqirrels are hurt, but is this really less cruel than cyanne pepper? I guess burning eyes are a little worse than being thrown across the yard.

My cats would love to watch this from the window. Unfortunately the suggested retail price for the Yankee Flipper is $119! That's a bit more than I want to spend on a bird feeder. Maybe I'll try throwing clothes pins or better yet, I'll get a water pistol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home