Monday, December 05, 2005

We have color, electricity, some trim and some tile!

But no pictures, yet. Sorry!

The camera is packed along with an extra charged battery, phone card, list of phone numbers, clothes (both for me and for a newborn), a beautiful knit blankie, and a toothbrush, among lots of other things.

Use your imagination and picture a warm, golden yellow - Behr's Wild Bamboo, for the baby's room, a bright, sunny orange for the bathroom - Behr paint's Amber Glow (that needs one more coat), and a mocha brown color - Behr's Warm Nutmeg for the master bedroom. I am really happy with all three colors, especially the yellow for the baby's room. It's not a sissy yellow, or a yellow you'd expect to see in a kitchen. It really has punch, but not too much so as to give one a headache. The bathroom is a bit bright, but the orange will be contrasted with a lot of white tile and fixtures and a fun colorful striped shower curtain. I thought the bedroom brown would be darker, but it's a nice comforting color.

So tomorrow is the big day. And, it's supposed to snow all night. Welcome to the hardships of parenthood. I'll probably get up around 5am to shower and finish packing. And maybe wash the kitchen floor if the mood strikes. Then, at 6am, I have to call the hospital to see if they have a room for me. If so, we need to be at the hospital by 7am. Somewhere in there, we have to clean off the car and shovel/salt a path to the door. We also have to give the cats plenty of food and water and leave a note for the contractors.

Yup, we've got at least two contractors coming tomorrow, while we'll be at the hospital. The tile guy (who's a very nice guy named Steve) will finish the bathroom tomorrow and a finishing carpenter will be coming to finish the trim, doors, and window sills. The electrician may even come back to put in the vanity light fixture. I'm really not thrilled that all this will be happening with no one home, but I guess it's good that it'll happen before the baby comes home.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and nervous. But at the same time, since I really don't know what to expect, I'm also pretty calm. We're as prepared as we're ever going to get, I suppose. I am looking forward to meeting this kid and to seeing what/who he looks like. I also feel a little sad. I'm beginning to grieve for the life that will forever be changed and for my good sleep habits and freedom. I'm told it'll all be worth it though. Let's hope so!

My next post probably won't be for a while, but I'm sure there will be pictures of house and baby along with it. Farewell life as I know it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Brophy said...

Hello? I came here for baby photos? What's up with the baby?

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home