Monday, October 03, 2005

I Cheated with a Chacarero

I had my first post gestational diabetes diagnosis white bread product in over a week and now I feel like curling up and falling asleep under my desk. I'll be testing my blood in a few minutes and I am curious to see the results.

It was all worth it though, for I had my first Chacarero. What's a Chacarero, you ask? It is a yummy Chilean sandwich consisting of a soft, fresh baked white bread, grilled chicken or beef (I had the chicken), special hot sauce, tomato slices, steamed green beans, salt and pepper, and yummy avocado spread. You can get these from the Chacarero stand in Downtown Crossing, in Boston.

UPDATE: I just tested my blood glucose and it was 129! It shouldn't be higher than 120 2 hours after a meal. Usually, it's in the 80s for me, so this is really bad. Well, now I know. No more cheating for me. It's back to the very low carb diet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Did you go to Windsor button?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Yep, we went. It was my first Windsor Button experience and my first Chacarero experience. Windsor Button didn't raise my blood glucose levels though.

I did buy buttons for the baby cardigan I'm making.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home