Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Blanky!


The Blanky!
Originally uploaded by stacy's plate.
My MIT Stitch 'n' Bitch knitting group surprised me today with this beautiful baby blanket. Each person knitted a square in a unique pattern and then a couple people knit the border. Danielle, God bless her, blocked each piece and seamed them all together.

I absolutely love the blanket. I love colors and the soft fuzzy texture of the wool. And it is real wool - Mission Falls 100% superwash, to be exact. Danielle machine washed and dried it and it didn't fall apart or shrink, so we can actually use it and not just display it. But it's so pretty, I may want to drape it over the crib for a while. We'll see how messy the kid ends up being I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

We're glad you liked the blanket :) We had fun planning it, and hope you were surprised in a good way!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

We're glad you liked the blanket :) We had fun planning it, and hope you were surprised in a good way!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home