Thursday, November 17, 2005

Bean and other updates

First, the bean.

The bean, according to recent ultrasound results, now weighs a whopping 7lb 5oz. The thing is, he's still inside of me. And, I have 4-6 weeks left of the pregnancy. And if you've never seen me, you probably don't know that I'm only 5' tall and pre-pregnancy weighed about 105lb. I've only gained 18lbs so far, although I've been on a strict low carb diet due to the diabetes.

According to several sources, babies this late in pregnancy gain about an ounce a day. I could to the math here, but I'd rather not try to figure out how big he'll be on his due date. I'm thrilled that he's plump and healthy, but scared to death as to how he will exit my body and enter the world.

In other bean news, we have finally started accumulating baby pariphinalia. We're still nowhere near ready for this kid, but I feel better that we at least have some stuff.

Speaking of not being ready, I'll move on to the next update.

Construction

Not sure where I left off on the blog, but after a stressful month of virtually nothing happening for various annoying reasons, work has picked up again. We now have walls. Well, wall board. Plaster should happen this weekend or early next week. Once that's dry, there is trim, tile, bathroom fixtures, paint and carpet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may be done before Mr. Bean Giant comes, but given his size, I'm concerned that he may not last inside of me until 12/15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home