Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bean is now a Sweet Potato (a boy sweet potato)

I'm a sweet potato now!

I passed the half-way mark in my pregnancy. I had my second ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and found out that we are having a boy. He is about the size of a sweet potato now -- 9-10 inches long (head to toe) and weighs about 10-11 oz. I'm going around with a ruler, measuring things that are 10 inches long and looking at weights on products to compare. I can't believe there is a 10 inch long creature in my belly. And, my can of compressed air that I use to periodically clean the crumbs out of my keyboard weighs 10 oz.

Just this past week I started feeling baby movements. I wasn't sure at first if that was what I was feeling because I usually feel them after I eat. I thought it may have been digestion I was feeling. After a week of this, I can say that I'm pretty sure it's the baby. It feels just like what I've read - a fluttering or like having a goldfish swim in your belly. The movements are not quite strong enough for Matt to feel yet, but it shouldn't be long now...

1 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

He looks like he's sun bathing. Don't you wonder what they're doing in there? Either way ... super cute!! With a perfect little nose and perfect little lips. Congrats!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home