Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Netflix Favorites Where I Grew Up

I thought this was kind of funny. Here is the top 10 Netflix local favorites for my hometown of Ewing, NJ (a suburb of Trenton).

10. I Can Do Bad All By Myself
9. Garfield: The Movie
8. A Cinderella Story
7. Shrek (Full-screen)
6. Hair Show
5. Spaceballs
4. The Goonies
3. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
2. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
1. Godsend

I've got to wonder about Spaceballs and The Goonies. These were in the theater when I was a kid. It's amazing that they are popular enough now to be in the top 10 in my hometown. I wonder if these compare to Old Yeller and Rin Tin Tin, which were movies my dad loved as a kid and made my brother and me watch when we got our first push-button VCR back in the early '80s. I wonder if kids in Ewing today are actually into these movies or if their parents are subjecting them to their childhood favorites.

Just to compare top 10 lists, here is the top 10 from Cambridge, MA, where I work. They don't have a listing for my town of Acton.

10. The West Wing: Season 3 (7-Disc Series)
9. Fever Pitch
8. The L Word: Season 1 (5-Disc Series)
7. Lolita
6. Touchez Pas au Grisbi
5. sex, lies, and videotape
4. Vanilla Sky
3. Felicity: Season 2 (6-Disc Series)
2. Possession
1. Smiley's People (3-Disc Series)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home