Monday, December 27, 2004

A Well-Crafted Veggie Burger

There are many reasons why the veggie burger plate at the Miracle of Science Bar & Grill in Cambridge, MA is excellent.

To start, they use a hefty, crusty, but not too crusty, bakery style bun. The bun holds up to all of the goodies inside and keeps your fingers relatively clean. Then, they spread some kind of spicy Thousand Isle style sauce on the bottom of the bun, before placing a small pile of baby greens on top of that. Then, we have the crispy grilled, grainy style veggie burger. It's thin enough so that it remains crispy on the outside and soft (but not mushy) on the inside. On top of the burger, is a slice of melted pepper jack cheese. The burger is served with a large piece of green leaf lettuce (even though they put baby greens on the bun) and a couple of slices of plum tomato. I am impressed that they use plum tomatoes in December. Regular tomatoes are terrible this time of year but plum tomatoes aren't so bad and these were actually pretty good!

Instead of fries, the veggie burger comes with very yummy, slightly spicy, crispy home fries. I just love these potatoes. They are so much tastier than french fries -- and I do love a good fry. The potatoes come with some sort of home made ketchup sauce that is very flavorful. The usual condiments are on the table as well - Heinz ketcup, yellow mustard, and two kinds of tobasco sauce (red and green), but I don't need any of those. I think this veggie burger plate is just perfect as is and could not be better.

I've had this veggie burger plate a number of times and it is consistently good. It's just enough for lunch. It satisfies my hunger but doesn't leave me feeling too full to go back to work. I feel like there is a party in my mouth when I am eating it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Brophy said...

I agree, veggie burgers are the way to go there at the miracle (and that hefeweizen they've got on tap, I can't remember the brewer). Those web desigers who order the hummus plate every single time we eat there don't know what they're missing.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Man, I took this week off but you are making me want to come to Cambridge to go to Miracle. Instead of working I cleaned my kitched very very thoroughly today.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home