Friday, November 19, 2004

Looking Forward to Thanksgiving

My all-time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. It's because of the food of course. Thanksgiving is also one of the main reasons I can't be a true vegetarian. It's not that I like to eat turkey meat so much. Rather, it's all the other food that the turkey juices touch. That sounds so gross!

I love stuffing - and yes, it must be stuffed and cooked in the bird, no matter how that goes against all of my sanitation-freakish ways. I love picking the burnt stuffing out of the turkey while it sits on the counter to cool. I love dipping said burnt stuffing in the drippings. I love home made giblet gravy on mashed potatoes. I love picking the dark meat out of the leftovers container.

But most of all, I love the smell of the turkey roasting. There is no better food-related smell, in my opinion.

Happy Thanksgiving

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that makes me hungry. My favorite part is having apple pie and ice cream for breakfast on Friday morning.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, too! We light the fire early (although I hear it's going to be 60 degrees??) and let it go all day while the turkey is in the oven (stuffed, of course!). Of course, there's nothing else to do but lay around on the couch and snack all day, awaiting that yummy meal! Enjoy!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home