Friday, November 19, 2004

Looking Forward to Thanksgiving

My all-time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. It's because of the food of course. Thanksgiving is also one of the main reasons I can't be a true vegetarian. It's not that I like to eat turkey meat so much. Rather, it's all the other food that the turkey juices touch. That sounds so gross!

I love stuffing - and yes, it must be stuffed and cooked in the bird, no matter how that goes against all of my sanitation-freakish ways. I love picking the burnt stuffing out of the turkey while it sits on the counter to cool. I love dipping said burnt stuffing in the drippings. I love home made giblet gravy on mashed potatoes. I love picking the dark meat out of the leftovers container.

But most of all, I love the smell of the turkey roasting. There is no better food-related smell, in my opinion.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that makes me hungry. My favorite part is having apple pie and ice cream for breakfast on Friday morning.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home