Wednesday, November 08, 2006

11 months


IMG_2030
Originally uploaded by stacy's plate.

Sam turned 11 months old on Monday. It's hard to believe he will be one year old in just a matter of weeks.

This photo is a very rare shot of Sam actually sitting still. His two favorite things in the world are walking (still holding on with one hand) and lights of any kind. After that, he enjoys opening drawers and cabinets and making messes.

We still have a lot of child proofing to do but since he's not quite on his own yet, we can deter him from getting himself into too much danger. Did I mention he skipped crawling altogether? No interest what-so-ever.

A fifth tooth has made its appearance and after a bad cold and then an ear infection, Sam is finally getting back to his regular sleep habits, which means I have some energy left after he goes to bed. A couple of nights this week, I actually sat on the couch and watched television for 1/2 hour which is a luxury! I'm used to crawling into bed after bottles are washed and prepared for the next day, but now, all of a sudden, there seems to be just a bit more time. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to pick up my knitting one day in the not too distant future. I'm not going to get my hopes up...

3 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

He is such a cutie! When can we see another video?
I totally understand the parental exhaustion. As you're starting to notice, it slowly gets easier and easier. A wise older woman once told me that there's nothing better than being able to say "honey, I can't do that right now, because I'm reading a book. But when the big hand gets to the six, I can." Alas, we're not there yet, but it's coming soon. Happy TV-ing. It a wonderful little luxury.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

What a sweetie :) He looks like he has developed quite a little personality. In this photo, he looks like he's saying "yeah, I made that mess, and I'm proud of it!"

10:10 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Stacy - FYI, my knitting came out this weekend after a long hibernation. PJ is 13 months, 1 week. It could happen soon . . .

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home