Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Chicken Pot Pie Update

I baked the chicken pot pie for dinner last night. (See previous post dated 2/28/05). Just like several recipes said, I baked it at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour. I even coated the crust with an egg wash.

The pie looked really yummy and good when I removed it from the oven. Unfortunately, the carrots and potatoes were not totally cooked through. I didn't put it back in the oven because the crust was perfectly browned and I didn't want to burn it. I guess the next time I make chicken pot pie (next year, probably), I will have to precook the veggies before hand.

The pie still tasted really good though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

You inspired me to make a pot pie too, but with biscuits on top rather than crust. I had the same problem - should've cooked the filling more first before placing biscuits on top. I just left it in the oven a while longer at 300 so it could cook more without browning. It was yummy.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home