Friday, December 15, 2006

Birthday Cake


IMG_0007
Originally uploaded by stacy's plate.

I'm not a fan of baking, even though I love to cook, so I was debating whether to make Sam's birthday cake or buy it. If I was going to make it, I was determined to do it right -- no Betty Crocker box cake for my boy! I was leaning towards buying a cake but at the last minute, I decided to try making it from scratch and I have no regrets. I even made the icing.

It was a yellow cake with cream cheese icing. Nothing about the cake was low fat. Even the milk used in the batter was whole. It was very good and it was easy.

I'm feeling too lazy to post the recipes, but if anyone wants them, let me know. I randomly found them on-line.

Sam's birthday pictures from last weekend have finally been posted. Click on the cake to see more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home